Thursday, November 8, 2007

The cello begining.....

I actually started playing the cello in 2001. I took lessons for about 6 months, and practiced a few times a week. It became very clear that I would need more time to dedicate to the cello if I was going to progress. I really didn't have the time then so I put the cello in my closet for a few years.
Last year I removed the cello from the closet and started to play it again. I found a wonderful new teacher and have been making steady progress since. My ambition is to be able to get as good as I can on the cello, and play music I like. I like Bach, Britten, Carter, Ginastera, Faure, to name just a few, so we will see how far this goes....

I am currently learning the tenor clef and finishing up Suzuki bk 4, working on various etudes in Schroeder v 1, Popper HS prep, and Cossman agility.

I am trying to get a home recording set up going as another tool to objectively monitor my playing on a given piece. My first attempt met with some audio interface problems with my MAC so when i get a new one I MAY post some audio clips if my playing isn't too dreadful.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey! Thanks for posting on my blog. I have had a lot of success (after working with such sophisticated systems as ProTools, Live, and Locig) with plain ol' Garage Band. Just make sure you record to an outboard drive and turn off the option to monitor yourself while recording.

Emily said...

Logic, even. :)

KF said...

Hi Emily
Thanks for being the first to post on my blog. Your blog has tons of great stuff. Bet your a great teacher!

For recording I'm using Garage Band with an external Sennheiser dynamic mic.