Monday, March 17, 2008

Only one day at the Luthier.

I took my cello to my favorite luthier in the Denver area today. He said i could have i back tomorrow! That is nice surprise as the other guys around town would have said two weeks.

He is also makes violins, viola , and cello's, my teacher almost bought one of his cellos last fall, it was wonderful. Based off of a Goffriller model, and cost as much as a new Subaru, if i could afford i would have bought it. He said he liked my cello, but said it will likely not be the last open seam he fixes on it, since it was newly made in China, and I live in Denver. He thought the set up was quite good, well made and liked the Ruggeri model it is based off of.

Anyway its nice to not have to wait a long time cause my loner is bear to play. I do need to practice on the orch music this week, and we don't meet. I want to have made some real progress by the following week. Our concert is not till May, but i want to be prepared.

1 comment:

Greta said...

Who did you use? I'm looking for a luthier in Denver to repair my cello. Thanks!