Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life in hell...or first time playing a bloody cello in a very small orchestra..

I used to play the clarinet in jr high orchestra. That seemed easy.. Playing the cello, when your not very good, in and adult "orchestra" is far from easy. Last night while "playing " a piece in E Flat major i could not seem to locate A fricken flat. Conductor man is like HELLO, cello guy KEY signature...... anyway I eventually found it. (oh G#) duh..... I have hardly encountered that key yet in my cello life. Good thing it is a pretty tolerant group!
Anyway...... I will most likely have to spend 99.99%of my time on the "orchestra" music as it is quite difficult for a 1.5 yr cellist. The Vivaldi in bk 5 will have to be put on hold for a bit. Hopefully I will be able to reach a point of balance between the two. I have been working a little bit on Nina by Pergolesi, i like that piece. I have a great record of Nathaniel Rosen and Arturo Delmoni playing it. I do mean a 12" lp, some of us still listen to those and have working turntables, that do indeed sound way better that a cd. Anyway that is another topic altogether!

So on the recording front, there is not much, as I am too frustrated with the computer interfaces working sometimes and not others. I have to decided to get something that does not need the computer. Like maybe a cd recorder or video camera.

No comments: